Today we have published the responses we have received from some of the candidates for the Legislative Council seat of Hobart. The election is this Saturday.
The responses are published below, not in any particular order.
Please consider their comments and vote accordingly.
We have not received a response from John Forster.
The questions were as follows:
1. How would you ensure rail freight services continue to grow in Tasmania?
2. Do you believe that the Tasmanian Railway should remain in public hands?
3. Do you believe the railway line into Hobart should be retained?
4. How would you improve public transport services across Tasmania?
5. What would you like to see happen to the Northern Suburbs Railway line?
6. A number of proposals have been made for other public transport developments in and around Hobart. Are you aware of them, and if so, which ones do you support, if any?
7. How would you increase public transport patronage in Tasmania and Hobart?
8. Do you support bus priority lanes on congested key arterial roads and intersections?
9. Do you support extensive additional bicycle lanes and paths in our cities and suburbs?
10. What other ideas do you have that could improve public transport and rail services in Tasmania?